Friday, August 19, 2011

Mad Men Style: Part 1

After having to watch a few episodes of the latest season against my will a few months ago, I've finally become a Mad Men devotee. I was told you have to watch them from the start and so I have... obsessively pressing "Play Next Episode" on Netflix every few nights. The acting is superb and the subject matter is surprisingly interesting. However, my favorite part, as with any film or theatrical performance, is the set...
This zebra patterned wallpaper feels so fresh and modern...

I love this gilded wall with silhouetted bamboo...

Miss Menken's Manhattan apartment is decidedly chic. The sofa, table lamps, side tables, and coffee table are all fantastic...

The Draper residence is pretty conventional... almost boring. However, these taupe chairs edged in a monochromatic trim are a definite favorite...

Betty Draper's family home... the portrait of her mother above the mantle is amazing...

The barn Betty Draper rides at couldn't be much more idyllic... not to mention I love this guy's crimson jodhpurs...

No comments:

Post a Comment